Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Teasers

This past week has been an interesting one. It all started last Wednesday with me spotting. I instantly assumed it had to be my period and did not bother to get my hopes up on anything else. I usually spot before and after my period so I was satisfied with being disappointed that this month was not going to be my successful pregnant month. I waited a few more days only to discover that I still wasn't bleeding and this did seem odd. I had normal cramps and mood swings so I still didn't even slightly get my hopes up. I did however take a few pregnancy tests only to have all 3 (different days) come back negative. I decided that it was a good excuse to go and see an Obgyn. I had been meaning to go for awhile because of how irregular my periods were but the spotting for a week had pushed me into doing it sooner.

I went in to the student health center on Monday and had a whole routine checkup. The nurse did not suggest that I get a pregnancy test because all of the home pregnancy tests had been coming up negative so instead she ordered a blood test to see my platelet count. I had just had a similar blood test done in January that came back regular so I was slightly annoyed by her not doing the pregnancy test in addition to the other blood work. I have extremely small vains that go flat and roll when I try to give blood so the less times I have to give it the better. In fact they had to poke me 4 times before they were successful. Luckily I had my hubby to support me because I hate giving blood.

On Tuesday I got an e-mail back saying the my platelet count was normal. I was relieved but still spotting and slightly worried. I decided to take another pregnancy test and it kind of showed up positive :) I am still really hesitant to admit that I really am pregnant because the second line that showed up to confirm that I was pregnant was really faint. I have been resisting the urge to continue peeing on sticks because I still have not started my period and even a faint line is better than no line. I couldn't be happier! I truly know that being pregnant is a miracle and I don't want to take any stage for granted.

I have been frustrated with the uncertainty of everything but will take the forced patience/teasing over not being pregnant. It only took us a couple of months to get pregnant and I still feel like I am the luckiest person alive to be blessed with a baby. I never want to forget how lucky I am. I have the most wonderful husband in the world and I will soon have the most wonderful little family. I am on top of the world and loving the view!

Mellie

No comments:

Post a Comment