Saturday, May 21, 2011

Week 4

Well I found out that I was officially pregnant on the 17th of May. I was 4 weeks and 4 days pregnant and my HCG was still extremely low. I have had a few pregnancy symptoms so I want to get in the habit of writing every week.

The weirdest and most unique symptom is my burning hips. It feels like a burning charlie horse right in the center of my hip. I have yet to find a stretch that will make it go away. The intensity of the pain varies but I notice it most early in the morning and right before bed.

I have had a few headaches but I know it is just because of the hormones.

I have already had to pee a bunch. I can hardly make it though my 3 hour classes without racing to the bathroom. I have also increased my water intake so it is hard to tell if it from drinking more or because I am pregnant. I think it is because I am pregnant!

The last symptom is that I have not been tired at all. I am lucky if I can stay asleep for 7 hours. I usually can't sleep during my period because of the hormones so I am assuming it is the same thing. In the beginning of the week I couldn't fall asleep (which is usually really easy for me) and now I cannot stay asleep. On Thursday I woke up and got completely ready for my class before I realized that it was barely even 6 in the morning. I must have looked at the clock wrong when I first woke up but my body was all done sleeping that I didn't even notice the hour lost. I have been trying to force myself to go back to sleep when I wake up but I can't ever make it past 7:30.  

I am determined to love every phase of this pregnancy. I cannot say that I am not excited for January to come, but I would be lying if I said I wish it was January. I want to experience the next 8+ months. I want to be able to feel our baby (ies) growing, and love all the changes that are going to happen. I think that having a baby inside of me is almost as special as holding a baby. I know how fast time flies by and I don't want to miss a second!

No comments:

Post a Comment