Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Week 13

This week has been a very exciting one! Nate and I were able to see our baby for the first time on his birthday and it was amazing. I couldn’t stop laughing and the technician was really bugged that she couldn’t get a very good picture because of my uncontrolled laughing but I didn’t care. I was disappointed that the tech didn’t even look for the gender and didn’t record the DVD right so we didn’t get to take home a video of the ultra sound so I think that we are even.

When I went in to do the ultra sound for the nuMom2be study I was lucky enough to only have our little Crow measuring at 13W 1 day. This made it so that it really was possible to be in the study because even though I was 13W 6days if I happened to measure over 14W they wouldn’t have let me participate in the study. I am really happy to see our baby more often so I am glad it worked out. Lucky for us we even got to sign up for a few more studies. They don’t pay much but I think it is worth it for the experience. One of them is a sleep study. I had to wear a sleep “machine’ for a night and have all sorts of  gadgets monitoring me in my sleep. I put a picture of it below trying to act sick for kicks and giggles. It wasn’t super uncomfortable and I only have to wear it one more time in my 3rd trimester.

The lack of sleep I have been experiencing has been week 13 pretty unpleasant. I have been so grumpy because I am so sick from not sleeping yet my body won’t let me sleep. I not only have a hard time getting to sleep but now I can’t stay asleep. I wake up without a reason and then it takes forever to get back to sleep. It has been extremely frustrating and I have not been a pleasant person because of it. For week 14 I am going to try Benadryl because I can’t keep going without sleep.

 

DSC00433

My sister, Tine took this picture right when I woke up.

DSC00437

I absolutely love the profile in this picture.

DSC00438

DSC00439

The average measurement was around 6.95cm

DSC00440

The spine is best shown in this picture.

2 comments:

  1. Loved the sleep study pic so great! Also that you wrote before Friday :) Let me know how the Benadryl goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um Tine when I write this coming Friday it will be for week 14... I was behind a week and just catching up.

    ReplyDelete