Thursday, June 19, 2014

Week 23

How far along? 23 weeks 4 days
Total weight gain/loss? I'm fairly certain I have gained around 10lbs now. I didn't weigh myself for awhile and then it completely threw me off guard. I like food so I shouldn't have been that surprised.
Maternity clothes? Yup. Just about all of what I wear is turning into maternity. I sometimes wore Nate's sun shirt to go walking in and this week I put it on and my belly was hanging out. It made me a little sad but at least baby is growing right?!
Stretch marks? Old ones still are.
Sleep? Oh Kendrick has been a little early bird. I actually got sick from not getting enough sleep at the beginning of this week and that has me worried for when I have a newborn again. Eek.
Best moment this week? It started a few weeks ago but I love watching my baby move from the outside. It is so fun to see my belly going crazy.
Miss Anything? Having energy.
Movement? Almost anytime I take a break and relax I will feel a lot of movement. I get the most movement at night when Nate is home. I think this baby likes to show off for Daddy.
Food cravings?The 2 things I have craved most this pregnancy from day one have been grape tomatoes and cucumbers. I don't eat them all the time but I keep them on hand just in case. Everything else probably has nothing to do with pregnancy.
Anything making you queasy or sick? No but I have had a lot of heartburn this week. I have to be careful I don't eat anything with white flour (bread, pancakes, bagels, etc) for breakfast or I get heartburn all day.
Have you started to show yet? I can't exactly suck in my belly at this point so I think it is safe to say I look very prego.
Gender? I have been bugging Kendrick a lot asking him if he wants a brother or a sister. He almost always answers sister. I had a dream last night that I was pregnant in and knew that I was having another boy. At this point I think we will be surprised either way. It seems to stay balanced on any guesses we might be making.
Labor Signs? Just my usual braxton hicks. I chose not to get another ultrasound done because I was re-reading my blog from when I was pregnant with Kendrick and I had almost the exact same thing happen with him at about the same week. I have an appt tomorrow so if my midwife still thinks I need to get one I will know then.. but I'm not too worried. They have been sporadic so I don't think it is a big concern anymore.
Belly Button in or out? Half and half. The top half is starting to poke out.
Wedding ring on or off? Fits the same.
Happy or Moody most of the time? Happy... except today was an exception. I was just hormonal and I hate being hormonal.
Looking forward to? Having Kendrick willingly feel the baby kick.

My sciatic nerve has been flaring on and off the last few weeks. Luckily it is only at night but it makes me so worried for when I get bigger. I'm hoping that yoga and walking will keep it in check and it is motivation to keep up with spine exercises. Shooting pain up my back and down my leg is not a pleasant feeling when walking "/

No pictures this week. I feel like they aren't all that accurate anyway. If I take one relatively early in the morning my belly doesn't poke out much but if I take it at night I would probably get a few dropped jaws from how far I can stick it out. So sometimes I'm HUGE and other times I look about the week I am on. Tonight I look huge and just didn't feel like doing the extra work to post a pic. Maybe I'll be motivated next week and possibly take a morning and evening picture from the same day.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your sciatic nerve. Mine was really bad with Hailey too. Luckily she changed positions toward the end of pregnancy and I got much needed relief. :) And please do post pics next week. I love seeing your prego belly! :)

    ReplyDelete