Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Week 24

How far along? 24 weeks 2 days
Total weight gain/loss? The scale keeps going up. The oreos we keep on buying are just always so tempting.
Maternity clothes? I feel like I have nothing to wear. I just don't feel big enough for all maternity clothes but none of my regular clothes fit. :/
Stretch marks? No new ones.
Sleep? I have had a lot more energy lately but I usually still need a quick cat nap in order to make it through the day.
Best moment this week? Finally having Kendrick feel the baby move. My friend's hubby suggested we tell him there was a alien in me. I did a variation of it and told him that I had a monster in my tummy and asked if he wanted to feel it kicking. He was very excited to feel it and I loved seeing his face as he felt the baby kick... hopefully by October he will know it is a baby and not a monster.
Miss Anything? We cleaned our carpets and moved everything around. It would have been nice to be able to help Nate a little bit more and not just stand and point where things should go. I was able to help a little with some contraptions we came up with that allowed me to wheel stuff around without lifting anything.
Movement? Crowberry is a mover. I'm guessing he/she will be very similar to Kendrick and move day and night. I'm getting lots of kicks in my bladder and pelvis area. I don't remember this happening with Kendrick so it is a new feeling.
Food cravings? Not that I can remember.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Sugar overload (more about that below)
Have you started to show yet? My tummy sticks out even in a t-shirt so yes I am showing.
Gender? I had another dream that I had a little boy. It probably coordinates with the fact that little boys are all I know. The only difference is that I always dream the boy will be dark haired not blond like Kendrick was. I still don't think it means much though because even when I knew I was having a boy my first pregnancy I would still have dreams where I was having a girl.
Labor Signs? This week has been calm. Less braxton hicks :)
Belly Button in or out? Half and half. The top half is starting to poke out.
Wedding ring on or off? Fits the same.
Happy or Moody most of the time? I have had my moments of being moody. Saturday was especially a moody day where all I wanted to do was cry.
Looking forward to? Reading all the pregnancy books that I keep finding. I have over 10 on my reading list and just need to find time to get to them. I have read a couple already I just want to read more. :)

So I have chosen to go with a Midwife but I did not make my final decision until yesterday. It was quite the roller coaster ride for Nate and I in trying to decide. We are not very decisive people so it was hard for us to make such a big decision. I had a midwife with Kendrick but it was a group of midwives who worked for the hospital I was delivering at.

This time I am going with a birth center and will possibly do a home birth (still haven't decided). It was hard to decide not to deliver in a hospital but Nathan and I feel like this choice is the best for us and if anything changes where I need to go to the hospital we can always transfer. There are many opinions about this and while I feel like I am a very open minded person I would only appreciate positive opinions/comments and not "your crazy" ones. It took us many many many weeks to come to this conclusion and we have considered many different things so we are not going into this blindly.

I toured a couple birth centers and even interviewed a few midwives. I am very pleased with who we ended up with. Both Nate and I feel very very confident in the education, experience, and knowledge that the midwife has. Due to some miscommunication over the weekend we were on the verge of once again switching (boo). It had nothing to do with the midwife but the staff of the birth center. Luckily their HUGE mistake was not taken lightly and I feel like everything was resolved to where I know that it is still the best place for our little family.

I only have a few hours left with my Muchacho before I am gone for what feels like will be forever so I better stop typing now. :)

1 comment:

  1. How awesome! I love that you are planning a birth center/home birth. I have been doing my research since Lola was born and am really hoping to do the same when we have #2! I'm excited to hear about your experiences :) I am reading an amazing book right now called The Gift of Giving Life, Rediscovering the Divine Nature of Pregnancy and Birth. It's written by LDS authors and covers a lot of topics about pregnancy and birth from a spiritual perspective. It even has several out of hospital birth stories. I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete