Thursday, August 11, 2011

Week 16

This week has been amazing. I am determined to feel the baby kick before week 20 so I have been trying all sorts of odd techniques. I held a flashlight to my stomach and have tried laying down after eating and poking my belly to see if I could feel anything. I sometimes take long moments to reflect on my tummy and see if I can feel anything flutter. I don’t think I am far enough along yet to feel anything but it is fun to be wishful and know that in no time I’ll be able to feel baby all of the time.

The best part about this week was feeling my stomach change overnight. I woke up one night and brushed my hand across my stomach and was shocked by how I could feel a definite bump. My uterus was hard which made it stick out and I could feel it for the first time. I have been feeling very much pregnant ever sense that night. I almost wish that the picture below was taken after that night because I really have changed in just a few days but week 17 will have to show the big difference.

Nate and I are celebrating our 2 year anniversary today and I must say we are one happy couple. This will be our last anniversary without having to find a babysitter but we have had 2 lovely years together and we can’t wait to add a baby to our happiness. Life is soooo good right now!

DSC00457

DSC00458

3 comments:

  1. I heart this and missssss you!! Sniff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you to start feeling your little baby. Can you invite me to your other blog? I guess it went private.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah me too...what's with that? Did I get black listed ;)

    ReplyDelete