Sunday, August 21, 2011

Week 17

Other than the week where I first found I was pregnant, this has been my favorite week in pregnancy. I felt baby Crow kick for the first time on Monday and it was AMAZING. I went to a yoga class and was laying in Shavasana (aka final relaxation) when I could feel a tiny little kick in the bottom right corner of my uterus. Baby kicked 5-6 times and I just happened to be paying close enough attention to my body to notice. I couldn’t have planned a better way to feel a kick for the first time. I have felt it a few times since but it isn’t everyday, and it always comes when I least expect it.

The other reason this week has been so amazing is because we found out the gender of baby Crow. On Thursday night we had our 2nd ultrasound and baby Crow cooperated perfectly. WE ARE HAVING A BOY!! Our final guesses switched from the last time we thought we might find out. I was guessing girl and Nate was guessing boy. We really couldn’t be more thrilled. We have already been offered a ton of boy clothes, car travel system, stroller, and a baby bath. Baby is getting spoiled fast and all he has to do is grow. 

Again don’t mind the tank top. I am going to attempt to take pictures on Sunday so that I have a better shirt on, but if it throughout the week the tightest shirts I own are tank tops…

DSC00462

DSC00463

Opening the mouth to blow kisses…

DSC00469

Already looking squished poor guy.

DSC00470

Close up of the heart.

DSC00471

MALE! If you know where to look it is very obvious!

DSC00472

Baby Crow had his arm behind his head in a recline position almost the entire ultrasound.

DSC00473

2 comments:

  1. Have to say the "male" pic is not so obvious I may need some help as to where his, head, legs, arms and such are haha. Also would like to point out that 7 is my lucky number which is in your week 17 where you found out you were having a boy as I had first thought! Hehe it makes me so happy he is one lucky little boy. So amazing how quickly you are changing. Keeping it from work may not be so easy, but they will be happy for you! YAAAAYYYYY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have told work silly! I still need to have a sit down with my manager so that we can plan what will happen once Crow Junior comes but they all know :)

    ReplyDelete