Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Glimpse

Have you ever had a moment in life where everything is so perfectly balanced that it as if you get a glimpse of heaven? Where your body, mind, and spirit are so happy that it physically makes you smile? I have a secret about streetlights that I'm slightly embarrassed to share. It makes no logical sense but whenever a streetlight turns on when I am walking under it I know that it is God way of saying that He loves me. It seems so silly to type it out but I'm being serious. It makes me smile to heaven instantly because I know that in that moment I am getting a glimpse of heaven and I'm being thought about.

I'm sure my crazy obsession comes from being scared running home in the dark growing up. My friend and I used to walk each other halfway between our houses and then we would both sprint home in opposite directions. The halfway point was on a corner so we couldn't see each other once we started running. The street light was usually out by my house so I felt like I was running blindly.

It seemed as if the nights I was most scared it would magically turn on. It startled me the first couple of times and then it got to the point where I knew that it was Gods way of showing me that he was taking care of my fears. Now I can hardly ever go on a night stroll without at least one streetlight turning on when I'm walking under it. It is a constant reminder to me that God cares.

I have been lucky enough to have a few glimpses of heaven over the last few days. It has been a recharge for me encouraging me to stick it out through the fears of life changing. The few glimpses happened with my sweet Kendrick. He is my angel. He is helping me become a better wife, mom, and person.

I was always so nervous of the toddler stage but with each new challenge I have learned to love each moment. I am so anxious about what life has so offer but I am so thankful that there can be moments of peace that make everything seem as if it will all be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment