Monday, December 23, 2013

Aloha!

This post will never be the way I want it so I'm posting it anyway. I don't feel like I can do it justice. It is so hard to explain because I feel like it was the best thing for our marriage but possibly the worst thing for Kendrick. I'm a huge fan of taking kids on vacation but I also think it is so important to have time to reconnect with your spouse. Clearly the best option is to pay for a babysitter to spend vacation with you so that you can have some time alone but still time together as a family. Next time we will probably make sure we can afford a babysitter. Kendrick was WELL watched over and we didn't have to worry a bit. It was just hard to be away from him and help him build confidence in us that we would not leave him again. 

 Leaving AZ!
 Nate's activity
 Can see our condo from the sky
 Jurassic Park waterfall? One of the waterfalls was...
 Begging Nate to make the helicopter land. I hope to never get on a helicopter again unless I'm dying. Violently numb and dizzy. 


 Sunrise. 


 Mel's activity. 8 mile hike (round trip) along the coast to a waterfall.
 Bamboo

We made it to the waterfall.

Hawaii was magical. It was like hitting a reset button on our marriage. We were able to work through areas that we put on the back burner for awhile. It honestly felt like we were newly married and madly in love (because we are). I am so looking forward to what 2014 has to offer us because Nate and I are ready. We are strong and we are ready to fight whatever life wants to throw our way. Our 3rd year of marriage was possibly the hardest simply because each day it felt like there was no time for us. It has only been a few months but I'm thinking our 4th year is going to be the best. I don't care what life hands us this year we are going to make our lemonade out of it and enjoy sipping it together. 

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! So glad you guys learned and had a great time together. Love these two birds ;)

    ReplyDelete