Saturday, June 18, 2011

Week 8

On Friday (the first day of week 9) Nate and I got to go to our first Baby Doctor appointment. I was so surprised at how long it took! I was told that it would be our longest appointment but 2 hours still seemed like a long time when our Midwife cut out part of the testing I had done in May. My veins are still shy to needles. It took a couple pokes, and some modifications in order to work with 4-5 tubes of blood rather than the original 7 that was wanted. I am so excited for my blood to start increasing :)

The best part about our visit was the heart beat!! It was so neat hearing a heart of another human inside of my body. The pulse stayed in the 160's so we will have to see if it is a boy like everyone is saying. At this point I am just happy to have a little person in me with a heart beating!

I have no new pregnancy symptoms. I had food poisoning for 24 hours because I was extremely stupid and ate muffin mix that had a raw egg (not processed) in it. It taught me to think before just putting anything in my mouth. In fact I have once again started a food journal so I can make sure I am feeding our baby with all the right nutrients. I find that I eat more vegetables and less sugar if I write down what I am eating.


Only 216 days until the expected due date of our baby!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog so far! Thanks for inviting me to it.

    ReplyDelete