Thursday, June 2, 2011

Welcome to the Gerber Generation!! Week 6

In April I couldn't watch a single Gerber baby commercial without either crying or finding something else to do. I just finished listening to to one and all I could do was smile, because I now feel welcomed to the Gerber generation.

I am so excited to be pregnant that really I don't know how Nate and I haven't told anyone yet. In fact I have had to send him texts like "Guess what I have a secret I can't tell anyone but I couldn't help myself and I just have to tell you that I AM PREGNANT!!" It has been the only way to get some of my excitement out without spilling the beans.

The last weekend of April I had the opportunity to hold 3 precious little babies for a few hours at a time and I loved every second. I am so lucky to have so many people to lean on who are experiencing the new life of being a mother. My sister-in-law Jolene has been an amazing example to me on the type of mother I want to be someday. She has filled me in on all the trials and joys that come with being a new mom and it has helped me know what I am getting into with the confidence that I can/will be great. I am so excited!!

Well, an update on what happened during my 6th week of pregnancy is kinda boring. I have had all of the same symptoms as week 5 with not much new but possibly just more intense. I sleep even less, have super dry eyes, have had slight abdominal cramping, and I get the occasional nausea if I don't eat very much in-between breakfast and dinner. I am convinced that I can already see a slight slight bump but it might just be that I just want there to be a bump so I am looking for anything.

I have enjoyed poking the baby(ies) and bugging Nate that we are going to have twins. I have never dreamed of having twins but until an ultra sound tells me different I am going with it. I have been having a feeling that I will have twins and I can't even blame it on the pregnancy because it started before I ever became pregnant. Does every girl think this way or is it just me? Either way I am excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment