Friday, December 2, 2011

Week 31 and 32

I have been too busy to blog the past week with Thanksgiving so I thought I would just combine the weeks. I have been eating LOADS of sugar. Nathan and I have had a brown cow (cookies and cream ice cream with chocolate milk) almost every day of the week. I have had a lot of comments on how much I have grown in the past week so I will have to get pictures of week 33 up soon for the ultimate comparison. I think my sugar eating is really paying off on the weight gain.

I had an ultrasound and midwife appointment this week. I can finally say that I have passed my birth control weight.. It only took me till my 32 week but I finally did it by 2 pounds. I really really hate birth control and pregnancy has been a breeze compared to what I experienced on that unnatural drug.

My placenta was measured at the ultrasound and is only about 2.2cm away from my cervix. My midwife feels confident that I should be fine to deliver vaginally but I have a higher chance of possible bleeding. The worst that could happen is that I would have to have a C-section but at least I can try for a natural birth.

This picture was taken during a contraction so you can see just how round and tight my uterus gets.

DSC00556

DSC00560

Thanksgiving day picture taken before the big meal. (A day before week 32)

DSC00569

4 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! I am glad you are gaining wait. Brow cows sound yummy! We still need to have a get-together since we live so close.

    What was the story about birth control weight? Did you gain lots of weight on birthcontrol?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of you holding your belly is a bit freaky I am not going to lie. Haha so much for the no sugar I love it! I love seeing my cute little prego sister. You are my hero. Keep enjoying your sugar for the "weight gain" ;) Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel I would LOVE to get together! My last day of work is the end of this month so I will be completely free after that :)

    So I gained almost 20 pounds on birth control. I think it was all water weight! It took me just over a month to lose it once I went off it. Apparently gaining weight is no longer a side affect of birth control but somehow I managed to gain A BUNCH lol! Also, my wedding ring only fit while I was on it too. I still have to wear a ring sizer to have it fit now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is crazy! I had a friend who had a similar reaction to birth control. I am glad it came back off right away. Let me know when you quit!

    ReplyDelete