Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Some thoughts from AZ

I feel like it has been a month sense writing last. We are still without internet but it should be plugged in tonight and I can post this. It has been a slight adjustment not having internet but I have loved every minute. We are been so busy that the only time I really notice we don’t have it is when Nathan needs to check his e-mail and has to get in the car and drive somewhere to do it.

We just about have our house d-grimed. It was pretty nasty and took so much longer than I expected but I think we are coming to an end. There are still some walls and baseboards that need scrubbing; we didn't get to them before we sprayed for bugs and now I’m worried the bug killer will come off if I scrub them. Our vacuum is no longer working other than the hose so if anyone has a recommendation on what we should get I’d love to hear. So far I’m not too impressed with any that I’ve looked at.

Kendrick is adjusting well. After talking to a friend I’m pretty sure that he was not only teething during our traveling but also had roseola. Basically they have a really high fever for a few days and then it breaks out into a rash. I am amazed at how well he handled it all.

We checked out one of our community pools today. It was so much fun. It feels like we are just vacationing here. I really do love the heat when I am in any air conditioned building for too long. As long as it stays below 110 degrees I don’t think I will mind living here.

2 things that are very new to me are lightning and dust storms. We had a lightning storm on Saturday and I was blown away by how much lightning there was compared to Utah. There was so much lightning that it was like being at a party with strobe lights. It lasted for over an hour and I was awe struck. It was beautiful but kind of scary to drive in. The dust storms are almost as scary. We keep receiving text messages warning us about dust storms in the area and to stay inside until a certain time. I didn't even know our phone could do that. I have also seen warning signs on the freeway that say dust storm area.

Even though it gets windy with the dust storms and occasionally rains it is still pretty warm outside. It doesn't cool everything off like I’m used to. It just kind of pushes the heat around and stays as hot as it would without the rain. It will probably take my brain a little while to register that rain does not equal coldness.

I am loving life right now and all the new areas that there are to explore. I am very fortunate to have my best friend with me. I am so proud of his efforts in getting licensed and taking on the adventure of a new state. Even  with the stress of waiting for paperwork to get completed I love that he has been nothing but positive and supportive. I am one lucky gal!

Talk to y’all soon!


1 comment:

  1. It is still weird to not have the rain cool things down for me.

    ReplyDelete