Thursday, July 18, 2013

Words

Nathan was fortunate enough to finally start training this week and get his schedule. He has been working 10-12 hour shifts and it is quite an adjustment after having him around for the past 2+ weeks. I have to mentally prepare myself to have him start working again. He is pretty excited about it but I am still slightly sad to not have my bf around all the time.

This week I have kept myself busy by cleaning, swimming, and meeting new people in the ward. It is quite an adjustment from our other ward. While I loved Utah, Arizona (any state for that matter) just seems to be much friendlier. We are almost guaranteed to be waved at if we step out our front door. Neighbors will actually introduce themselves, and we are feeling quite welcomed.

We are not social people and we mentally have to try really hard to schedule in getting to know other people. It has been a easier thing to do than I imagined. I already have more numbers in my phone than I thought I'd get in months. It is fun to feel so welcomed. I just hope we can develop the skills to do the same with others that move in around us.

Have a sparkly afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment