Friday, September 30, 2011

Ultrasound and Midwife Visit

I no longer have placenta previa :) At least I don't have to go on bed rest anyway. As long as the placenta is no longer covering the cervix I'm good to resume normal activities which makes me really really happy. I have to have another ultrasound at 32 weeks just to see how many centimeters away it is from the cervix, but I am hopeful. It just has to move at least 2 centimeters away in order to be able to deliver vaginally and it has already moved 1.02 so I crossing my fingers that it keeps on moving.

Kendrick looked great. The fluid in his brain disappeared liked they hoped would happen and he is one shy, reserved, stubborn boy! The best pictures we can get of him are of his heart and occasional foot. He buries his face either by curling into himself or with his arms making an X over it. With how often he flashes his heart around I really think he is going to be one open and loving boy. It is just a few short months until we get to know for sure.

I had to get a flu shot at my appointment today and I was kind of bummed about it. I hate shots and I have avoided the flu shot for many many years with the luck of never ever having the flu. Apparently the flu can be much worse when pregnant so I don't think I will regret it. At least I will have sympathy for Kendrick when he has to get his every year :) I will make sure to buy a soda pop for him to put on his arm just like my ma did when I was little. Sweets always seem to make things heal faster!

Prego Mel out..

1 comment:

  1. Yeah not a fan at all about the flu shot inparticulat. Not sure why it bothers me so much to have to take, but perhaps someday I will get over it.

    Funny the other day I had the conversation about the difference between western and eastern sayings. Soda and pop were one of the topic subjects. Ironically I had said if anything I say soda pop, but certainly not pop anymore. Soda is a standard here on the east coast so your statement made me laugh.

    Sugar is a good idea, I don't remember mom doing that for me. Just Sprite if I had the flu or something with my stomach. No wonder you have a sweet tooth :) Miss you and love you sis.

    ReplyDelete